Dear Midway Families,
Happy New Year! We hope that you and your family are healthy and doing as well as possible. As we launch 2021, we continue to focus on improving our partnerships with families. Therefore, we want to make sure that you have access to all of the tools and resources and know where and how to get information and support.
Communicating with teachers
- Our teachers are working hard to maintain communication with families through text, email, and Seesaw. Also, our teachers are working hard to provide the best learning possible. Therefore, we ask that families do not interrupt zoom classes or send text messages to teachers during student learning time.
- If you are not sure of the best way to communicate with teacher or need support during class time, you can contact Ms. Marrs via text or phone call at 253-693-8437 or Ashley.email@example.com.
Synergy ParentVUE & Seesaw Family App
- Synergy ParentVUE is an app that allows parents to view student grades, communicate with the school and update personal information such as phone numbers & emergency \
contacts. As we prepare to transition to a hybrid model for some students, and a continued remote model for others, all students must have a family member signed up on ParentVUE. If you are not currently signed up with ParentVUE, we are offering two upcoming options for signing up:
- Call the main office any time from 7:30 - 4 and receive your ParentVUE activation code. Instructions for signing up can be found here in English and here in Spanish.
- Attend parent vue training on 1/21 from 5-6 PM or 1/22 from 9:15-10:15 AM. During these trainings you will receive your code and a Midway staff member can help you get signed-up with ParentVUE.
- Seesaw Family App is an app that supports family communication and involvement in student learning. Our goal is to have all families connected on the app so families can be more informed and connected, especially for families who select to have their student return to the building this Spring.
- If you are not signed up for the Seesaw Family, contact the office or your child’s teacher and they can provide you with the link
Return to in person learning updates
- We highly encourage families to attend the webinars on Thursday, 1/14 from Highline to better understand what the options for a half day of in-person learning will look like for students and families.
- Information is also available to families on our Return to Learn webpage on the main district website.
- If you still have questions or are wondering whether hybrid is the best option for your family, please attend one of our Midway hybrid Q&A/ParentVUE sessions on Thursday, 1/21 at 5 PM or Friday, 1/22 at 9:15 AM.
- Highline District Family Information session about in-person learning (also will be posted in Seesaw)
- Midway Hybrid Q&A and ParentVUE trainings
- 1/21 from 5-6 PM or 1/22 from 9:15-10:15 AM
- Zoom info to come
Dear Midway Families,
As we close out the final week of virtual school for 2020, we want to express our sincerest gratitude for all of your partnership. We know how challenging this time has been and we are so grateful for your persistence. We are here to support you. Let us know if you have feedback about how we can improve, celebrations you want to share, or ways we can support you and your family. Here are some resources:
Distribution of Library Books & PE Materials
Wednesday December 16 12:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Library Books:
- Please check with your 3rd, 4th & 5th grade students to see if they placed any books on hold that need to be picked up
- Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade families can borrow a "surprise set" of 5 books
- Library books can also be returned tomorrow
- PE materials for all students
- To celebrate student attendance, we have scarves and beach balls for all students to be able to practice some of the PE skills they have learned so far
- King County Library shared with us some resources on their website at coffee with the principal to help students and families while we are remote. Remember all students can access king county library using 401 and then their student ID (with no dashes or spaces). Your pin is the last four digits of your student ID:
- Check out Sora on classlink for access to more books
- For information about food resources: https://www.highlineschools.org/about/news/news-details/~board/district-news/post/meal-program-updates-resources-for-winter-break
- If your family needs support with resources, please contact Ms. Marrs at Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-693-8437
If you celebrate a holiday during this time of year, happy holidays. To all of our families, thank you for trusting us during 2020 to partner with you in educating our incredible Midway Mustangs. Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you in 2021!
Dear Midway Families,
As we are approaching our last week of virtual learning in 2020, we are working to provide students with more enrichment and fun community opportunities. Thank you to all of our families who have given us feedback about how we can improve. We are so grateful for your partnership
Hour of Code
- This week is Computer Science Education week where everyone is encouraged to do an hour of code. This Wednesday, December 9 at 2:30 p.m., we will be hosting an hour of code event for Midway via Zoom: https://highlineschools.zoom.us/j/92682312980?pwd=c1VJb1J6ejhHdVJCaC9hR01NazcvQT09
- Here are some additional resources for you to encourage your students to participate in some way. Happy coding!
- Code.org post about this year’s Hour of Code. Includes links to Codebytes – Live sessions from real computer scientists offered at 8 am and 1:30 PM. Tomorrow’s is Dance Party!
- Hour of Code activities from Code.org
- Hour of Code activities from Google CS First.
- Minecraft Hour of Code.
- Khan Academy Hour of Code
Library Book distribution:
Wednesday December 9 from 12:30-4:30 at Midway Elementary front foyer
- 3rd-5th graders can place books on hold online and pick them up at school
- K-2nd grade students can pick up a pack of 5 surprise books
Virtual Coffee with the Principal: Friday, December 11, 2020 @ 9:15 AM
- Join Dr. Ellis and Mrs Maine to connect, give feedback and ask questions.
- Learn from a representative from King County Library and our librarian Ms. Johnson about resources available from the library
- Friday, December 11, 2020 @ 9:15 AM Join Zoom Meeting: https://highlineschools.zoom.us/j/98717667870?pwd=V3BUM0o4SkI5SkppSERjMkN5OFV2UT09
- Meeting ID: 987 1766 7870
Virtual Spirit Week & Seesaw Family Ap
- Check Seesaw on Friday for a fun schoolwide Spirit week during the week of
- If you are not yet connected on the Seesaw family ap, contact the school office or Ms. Marrs at Ashley.email@example.com
Deborah Ellis, Ed.D.
Midway Elementary School