Midway Update 11/23/2020
- Report cards
- Can be picked up at school on Tuesday, Nov 24th from 12 - 5:30 PM or Wed. Nov. 25th from 8 AM - 1 PM
- All report cards not picked up will be mailed
- If you would like to speak with your child’s teacher on the phone or on zoom, please contact them directly
- Learning Materials
- If you have not yet picked up materials from school, this is a great time to come get them. If you are not able to come to the school let us know, so we can support you in getting the learning materials.
- Library Books
- 3rd-5th graders can put library books on hold and pick up the books Tuesday, Nov 24th from 12 - 5:30 PM or Wed. Nov. 25th from 8 AM - 1 PM
- Students in 1st and 2nd grade can pick up a surprise book
Midway Family Update for November 13: Report Cards, Free Flu Shot Clinic, Virtual Coffee with the principal and more
We are so grateful for the support our families are providing students through distance learning. We know that this is challenging and we are here to support you and your child. Please see below for some important information about how we can help our students be successful.
Progress Reports & Report Cards
- Progress reports were sent to each student in Seesaw last week. Students were assigned to share their progress report with their family. If you did not see the progress report, please ask your child or their teacher and share with the teacher your feedback and goals for your child.
- Starting Monday, November 16th, some students will have a different schedule so teachers can focus on completing report cards and connecting with families. Please check Seesaw to make sure you know your schedule.
- Report cards can be picked up at school on Tuesday, Nov 24th from 12 - 5:30 PM or Wed. Nov. 25th from 8 AM - 1 PM. All report cards not picked up will be mailed.
Setting students up for success: HPS Virtual Calm Down Room, learning space, and materials
- We know that virtual school and our current environment provides lots of challenges for kids and adults alike. This site has lots of cool things to do to help our students (and ourselves!) calm down and reduce anxiety.
- As we finish our first trimester, this is a good time to reconnect as a family about a schedule and space in the house for learning. It is helpful to have the TV off during school hours so students can focus on their Zoom class and completing their assignments.
- If you or your child need extra support in this challenging time, visit Mrs. Ramsay and Ms. Marrs’ virtual office hours or reach out to your classroom teacher or Mrs. Ramsay
- If you have not yet picked up materials from the school, you can come to the office any day from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM. If you need support in getting the materials, please call the office.
Free Flu Shot Clinic
- Thursday, November 19th 10:00 AM-4:00 PM @ Midway Elementary
- Registration is required. Register Today!
Virtual Coffee with the principal
- Come learn about how to track your students’ progress on Seesaw and iReady, connect with other families for strategies on supporting your child, and give us feedback about how we can improve
- Thursday, November 19th @ 5:00 PM or Friday November 20th @ 9:15 AM
Zoom Meeting: https://highlineschools.zoom.us/j/95690270155